HOSTING Managed Database Services provide expert database administration and consulting for Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle and MySQL. Make sure the core of your business is protected and optimized at all times – regardless of whether or not you have an in-house DBA resource.
The Explorer level of Managed Database Services includes all of the administrative functions fundamentals necessary to sustain your database on a fundamental level, including basic monitoring and alerting and full metrics and reporting.
- Availability and system resource usage monitoring
- System resource usage alerts
- Alert/Error log
- Maintenance jobs
- Capacity planning
- Notification and technical summaries
- Utilization comparison
- Service metrics
- Emergency database recovery / restore
- Disk space cleanup
- Patch investigation, validation, application and management (break/fix only)
The Voyager level of Managed Database Services takes the safety and security of your database to the next level by including all of the components of Explorer, plus ongoing patch management, database management and maintenance.
- Patch investigation, validation, application and management
- “dot” Release/service packs
- Standard backup solution
- Disk layout and management
- Creation and reallocation of database files
- Deployment of client-designed scripts
- Partition maintenance
- Management of users, roles, profiles, user groups and schema security
- Standard maintenance plans (and review of existing)
- Rebuilt indices
The Pioneer level of Managed Database Services is our most advanced database offering – database nirvana, if you will. It includes all of the components of Explorer and Voyager listed above customized maintenance plans, and advanced performance tuning and cluster and replication management.
- Database monitoring and alerting
- Major upgrades
- Full database refreshes
- Partial/object refreshes
- Customized maintenance plans
- Database instance configuration/parameters tuning
- Initial database assessment and quarterly health check
- Fragmentation review
- Deadlocks investigation
- Performance bottleneck, problematic SQL and non-indexed table identification
- Long-running transactions investigation
- Cluster maintenance, architectural review, performance review and failover review
- Replication administration, maintenance and security
DISCOVER THE PLAN THAT’S RIGHT FOR YOU
- My Needs
- What HOSTING does
- Basic platform management
- Everything else
- The heavy lifting
- Code development
- Custom app management
frequently asked questions
We offer single team support and single ‘pane of glass’ view into platforms including AWS, Azure and the HOSTING Private Cloud.
Whether you’re a seasoned hybrid cloud pro or just getting started, HOSTING has a team of certified solution architects ready to assist in choosing new platforms (or optimizing your current ones) for your specific workflows.